Friday, August 24, 2007

Lemosi gets schooled


If Lemosi were an American and knew me well, he'd hate me. I'm a seat-of-the-pants type of guy, and Lemosi is not. Every time I've seen him, he is dressed nicely with a clean and pressed shirt (though he's dirt poor). Though his phone is held together with rubber bands and was probably made in the 1500's, he managed to call me 8 times when he heard I'd come to his school while he was out on an errand. He was mortified that I'd come during school hours and he was not there. He always speaks politely, smiles like he's Miss Teen USA, and sometimes you can tell he's nervous. We're paying for his last 4 terms of "high school" (Forms) and the accompanying exams. He's extremely grateful for this gift, and having talked to several people about him, I can say for sure that he's a hard worker who will use his schooling to the best of his abilities. I've also told him that since Daddy Zikomo helped him out, maybe he can throw some volunteer time our way sometime. He agreed and wrote it down.

Thanks for this one go to Jack and Jasmine in Pasadena (right?), Matt and Brielle in Eugene, Erika in (crap. crap. i'm horrible. tell me. i'll edit the post when i figure it out.), Jill in Minneapolis, and Rebecca and Mike in Vancouver, B.C. Now that's teamwork, gang (picture that with a denim ballcap on backwards and a thumbs-up).

2 comments:

jack. said...

we've technically relocated to LA proper.

Adam said...

Well Lookatme, I'm Jack and Jasmine. I'm all proper and stuff.

Noted.